Content Writing Guide for Small Businesses in 2019
If you’re looking to get into the content writing business, it’s not enough to include different types of content and hope something turns out efficient. Instead, you have to maximize your focus on each type of content you use.
For the most part, a combination of multiple content types depends on the basis, which is more often than not – written content. A picture can send a message, a video can tell a story, but what you express via writing is the most important factor in growing your small business.
Before you do anything, you have to make a content schedule and maximize your existing tools. Afterwards, you can apply our step-by-step guide to your plan. Modify your content and pick the right time to promote it. Once your master the guide you will be able to objectively assess your own mistakes and become a much better marketer.
Put your most important information first
Ask yourself – why do people read your content? Is it because they have time to spare or because they want to maximize their time using some useful information? In most case, it’s the latter.
You have only a few seconds before the reader makes a conscious decision on whether to continue reading or not. So, how can you maximize this window of opportunity?
- Write a strong introduction, plus include some of the most important bits in the meta description. If you present the most important information in a way that motivates readers to continue onwards, your content will sell.
- Don’t reveal everything right away. Give statistics, strong points and raise questions when you’re still within the first two paragraphs.
- Use subheadings to reveal, too. Lots of readers skin through the text, without much regard for anything but the subheadings. Lure them with important bits and keywords included in the headings.
Research the keywords you’re targeting
For a small business, funneling a lot of money into PPC campaigns is just not a viable business strategy. Not only is it very expensive to maintain, but you can’t rely on one-time clicks and people spending seconds on your website.
You want to focus on SEO and improving your organic ranking. If people search for a keyword and reach you, this means that they need your content and want to find out more about it. If you do enough research, you will gain loyal readers.
- Don’t focus on head keywords and those with a high degree of difficulty. Long-tail keywords are the priority of every content writing company, as they lead directly to a solution.
- Avoid overdoing it. Google penalizes keywords “abuse.” Besides, your content will be borderline unreadable if you insert a keyword into every sentence. Be patient and find your major.
Share your expert knowledge
What is the best way of gaining loyal readers? To promote your small business, you need to gain readers before turning them into customers. To show people that your content is of value, you need to provide knowledge.
Any sort of useful information can be used as a first pitch during the persuasion process. The reader will think “Wow! They’ve provided me with all that information for free!”.
The human mind instantly reacts when it’s provided with value. The interest of each individual customer will be at a high point if you share your expert knowledge. Use these questions to determine whether your content provides value:
- Does anyone else provide this knowledge? You need to be unique and provide exclusive information to gain new customers.
- Am I presenting complex things in a simple way? Nobody needs to decipher what you’re reading. Avoid big words to expand your outreach and make sure your content is understandable.
Provide excellent customer service
Whether you’re a content writing service or operate in a different kind of niche, you need to use your content as preventive customer service. What does this mean exactly?
Content educates. When you’re selling a product, you want to provide as much insight and value, so that the person using it will have a pleasant and painless experience.
- Prevent any obstacles along the road. Every second matters. If your customer has to ask you via chatbot or email, they will slowly lose interest. No matter how useful or revolutionary your product is, everyone has to be able to use it.
Make a visual impression
A great technique to engage people with your content is to center it around an image or a visual representation. Create a compelling piece of visual content first. Outsource content from a service that helps users receive online assignment help. This approach gives you many advantages when looking to create a constant stream of useful content.
- Using an image to plan posts gives you more inspiration and it involves less work than trying to fit an existing image in. This also depends on the topic, the type of content and many other factors. The key is to experiment and always stay engaged.
Include enough content to make the page valuable and SEO-friendly
Google’s algorithms favor longer blogs and content which depends on one another. For instance, every search engine will favor a 2000-word blog with videos, images and bullet-point lists. It shows that you have something to offer to your readers, in addition to providing value.
You can do a series of short posts, but this should only be reserved for cases where you need to establish hype over a new product or service. This step doesn’t require you to completely abandon shorter blog posts. Instead, it gives you a clear direction.
Get someone else to proofread
Grammar is at the crux of every piece of content you will ever post. These are small details that have a big impact on the overall impression that you have with your customers.
If you don’t have a proofreader or an editor, a reader will think “If they can’t check their content for mistakes, how can they do more complex things and provide services?”
This also comes down to scheduling as well. Give yourself enough time to get proofreading services either online or from your team. Nothing good ever comes from prematurely rushing to post content as soon as possible. Take your time.
Your content needs a representative excerpt, meaning that it has to captivate and entice right from the first sentence. Put the most important information and expand on it. Don’t use cheap tricks, long intros and similar methods – it will make readers lose interest in the long run. Share your knowledge and research keywords for maximal efficiency during any project.
Be descriptive with your words and try combining them with imagery, for a more interactive feeling while the reader analyzes the text. Make the page valuable and don’t forget proofreading. It’s essential that you present your content without mistakes and unnecessary blunders. Give it your best shot and maximize every post. Once you do that, success is but a guarantee.