Table of Contents
We understand the value of privacy and are committed to ensuring that all personal information we process is done in accordance with applicable law and best practices, thus protecting the rights and freedoms of individuals. We place privacy at the core of our website and understand that good relationships are based on trust.
1.1. “Cookies and web beacons”
Cookies are small texts file that are placed on your hard disk drive by a webpage server. Cookies are quite safe and harmless to your computer. They cannot be programmed, cannot install malware, and cannot be used to deliver viruses to your computer. Web beacons are tools used on a website to help determine if a certain page has been visited earlier by a visitor and how many times.
1.2. “Personal Information”. Personal information is an information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
2.1. Type of information we obtain
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with or leave comments on our website;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters;
- information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- information that you post to our website with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
- information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you send to us.
2.2. Information you provide to us
2.2.1. Web forms: we reserve the right to store the information that you provide to us when submitting web forms on our website, including but not limited to the following forms:
- Web Contact Form (ex.: mymanagementguide.com/contact-us)
- Email Newsletter Subscription Form (ex.: Google Feed Management Service “FeedBurner”).
- Popup Forms (ex.: MailChimp Popup Form generated with help of JS script that deploys a MailChimp cookie for managing the popup form. See more here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/additional-terms).
- Comments (ex.: a comment submission form placed after a post on our website)
2.2.2. Email: we may decide to keep a record of your email communication with us as long as needed by our policy.
2.3. Information collected automatically
All the data collected by the web analytics solutions can be transferred to servers of those third parties and stored on those servers for a definite period of time. The third parties may use this data to analyze your use of our website, to develop website activity reports for website owners and to offer other services regarding website activity and Internet use. These third parties may disclose this data to others in case they are legally obliged to do so, or if other parties process this data on behalf of the third parties.
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
- Users may opt out of personalized advertising by visiting Ads Settings (https://www.google.com/settings/ads).
As a website user, you have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most modern web browsers automatically accept cookies; however, if you prefer, you can modify your web browser’s settings to reject cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the MyMG website.
2.4. Use of information
2.4.1. Contacts. The primary use of the information you sent to us via the Contact Form is to communicate with you about a message that you have directed to us. We do not share, sell or rent your information with any third parties. We keep the information safe and secure.
2.4.2. Subscription. The email address you enter in the Email Subscription Form will be used to service your email subscription to the My Management Guide (MyMG) newsletter only. We will treat your email address with complete respect and confidentiality and will never share or give it to any third party.
2.4.3. Email newsletter is managed by FeedBurner (feedburner.com), a web feed management service from Google. You can use your account in this service to manage the subscription (for example, to unsubscribe at any time) and view new content posted on the MyMG website.
2.4.4. Server logs. All the data collected automatically by both our server and web analytics solution is used for website security purposes and maintaining web traffic statistics.
Our website may contain direct links to other websites of interest. You should note that once you have clicked these links to leave our website, we do not have any control over that other website(s). Therefore, we cannot take responsibility for the privacy and safety of any data you provide while navigating such websites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- written on April 19, 2010
- updated on May 23, 2018